Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Spring Freeze


The forecast called for snow and freezing temperatures, so I had to cut and cover my beloved tulips and azaleas. Just the day before it had been in the mid 70's and we stayed outside all day in bare feet. The girls had such fun building fairy houses among the tulips and I couldn't bare to cut them all. So I cut 1/3 and covered the rest. This morning, they live!

2 comments:

Ronda said...

Yeah...we are getting the freeze tonight. Musa and I just came in after covering up my tomatoes, lettuce and carrots....burr, the wind is gusty to 30 and it is only 30 degrees. This is weird for Eastern Shore.

Your flowers are so pretty, and the fairies...

Faerie Flowers said...

I just uncovered everything again this morning, and all looks well. There was a place where the blanket had blown off of the azaleas and I can see a big difference in that area compared to the rest of the plant that was covered. I hope your veggies are thriving!