Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Quieter House
We took the cousins home last night. The snow in the mountains between TN and NC was much heavier than expected, with accidents along the way, and Joel white-knuckled it until we got into Asheville. Elise misses her cousins very much and was down-in-the-dumps all night and again this morning. We hugged it out and now she has decided to channel her energy into a book about fairies. Imagine that! This will be one story in a collection of fairy tales. I love her many "books" and the way she writes with such enthusiasm. And I believe with all of my heart that one day she will finish one of the many chapter series she begins. Life brings constant and new inspirations for writing and I am thrilled that she has such a passion for books and composing her own thoughts. My house is full of pieces of paper, even tiny scraps, with Elise's notes and drawings. These tiny words and pictures are, to me, valuable treasures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment